Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that your holiday has been as great as ours and that you are happy and well. As usual it has been a wild and adventurous year for Team Keehan!

This summer we spent time in both St. Louis, MO and Cleveland, OH. I really enjoyed the summer off from school and had a lot of fun with Max while Daddy was busy making cash monies. However, when we got home the roles reversed and Zac and Max were playing while mom was stuck home studying. Zac still loves to go flowriding in his free time and Max is tall enough to go boogie boarding now too. They have a lot of fun together. And now that I am done with school I can even go flowriding with them too!

Zac and all the guys in the office worked very hard and became Vision Security's 2012 top office and Zac was the top selling manager again this year. So needless to say I was very proud of each and everyone in the office (and especially grateful to the wives who  hold it all together). Through the years we have become a lot like family as we travel together every summer and go through the ups and downs of the industry. Max thinks he has around 30 or so uncles that he can wrestle and play with every summer and of course loves each and every second of attention that they give him.

Max started preschool this summer in Ohio and has continued here in Utah this fall. He loves going to school and playing with all his classmates. He knows each and everyone by name. He'll often say, "I want to go to school and play with my brother Taben and my brother Wesley." Max has mastered all his letters, numbers, colors and shapes and I know he will be reading before I know it! Sometimes I have to remember that he is just 3 years old. Although if you ask him how old he is he will say that he is 6. Most strangers that ask him how old he is believe him because he is so tall! He is growing faster than a weed and is already in size 5-6 clothing. Max loves to play sports and currently loves throwing the football back and forth to his dad in the living room--while I pray they don't break something ;) He has also fallen in love with legos. He loves building and can take apart anything if he gets his hands on a screwdriver (this summer he took off all the doors to my kitchen cabinets while I wasn't watching!)

Last week I graduated from nursing school--top of my class even (which is proof enough that miracles still exist and believe me, I was even more surprised by this than you!).  This last semester Zac and Max spent a lot of time together. I was so grateful to have Zac home for most of the semester to help me. I was able to complete a capstone at the University Hospital (at the University of Utah) in the Intermediate Care Unit. I learned so much from working on the unit. My preceptor was an amazing nurse who taught me, and had so much patience with me--I am really indebted to her. The staff on the unit really worked together and it was a great experience to see how important teamwork is to the health of the patients on the floor. I am so grateful to my family (who cooked and cleaned) and friends (who always encouraged me to keep at it when I was sure I wanted to quit), and for an amazing nanny (who would often pick Max up from school and love him while I was at the hospital and school). I definitely could not have survived school and done so well without all of their help!!!

Other exciting Team Keehan news is that we decided to build a new home in Saratoga Springs. We are sad to leave behind many friends here in our current neighborhood, but I am excited to be closer to my siblings (I have 4 who live in Saratoga Springs). And grateful to my brother who is helping us build the house we want. My grandpa (who passed away a few years ago) used to take my siblings and I over to his property in Saratoga Springs when we were little. He would show us around and talk about how he hoped we would one day be able to build houses there. It was his legacy to us and it is exciting to see his hopes fulfilled.

It has been a wonderful holiday and I love having a special time to think and reflect on the blessings that I enjoy and especially the greatest gift and blessing I have been given--the life of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope each of you can find peace--even amidst the trial and troubles of life. That is my winter wish for you. Merry Christmas!
Julianne

No comments:

Post a Comment